What is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and It’s Process?
IVF is the acronym of "In Vitro Fertilization". The word In Vitro Fertilization is derived from the latin word “In Vitro” meaning “in the glass” and fertilization means the fusion of two gametes to form a zygote thus IVF means “fertilization in the glass”.
IVF is an artificial procedure of giving birth to a baby, it is a kind of Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) used to treat infertility.
IVF provides hope to the couples who are finding it tough to get pregnant naturally. Cases which may prevent pregnancy such as a blocked fallopian tube or low sperm counts can benefit from IVF treatment.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) by best doctor offers an opportunity of parenthood to couples who are trying to conceive for long but are unable to do so naturally.
Let us discuss a bit more about what IVF is and how IVF treatment is performed? Find below the process of IVF in Jaipur:
- Your IVF doctor in Jaipur during your first meeting will design a fertility plan for you and will provide you the required injections and medicines that you need to take at home or inside the clinic.
- IVF cycle begins from the first day of your menstruation. At this time your IVF doctor in Jaipur provide you medication and injections as per your fertility plan.
- Medication is provided for 8 to 14 days to stimulate the ovary so as to produce more eggs.
- During medication, your ovaries and hormonal levels will be monitored by your IVF doctor or specialist. He or she will check for the changes in hormonal levels through various blood tests along with imaging techniques like ultrasound to look for changes in ovaries. IVF Doctors can also prescribe a change in medication as per need of the situation.
- The next step in IVF treatment is “Ovulation” of eggs, with the help of trigger injection.
- During your ovulation period, your IVF specialist will ask you to visit the fertility centre to retrieve eggs from your uterus, this procedure will be done under general anesthesia and the eggs will be collected from ovary to a petri dish. This procedure generally takes 20 to 30 minutes only.
- Fresh sperm from your partner or a donor is also collected at the same time. If you have opted for eggs or sperm freezing before, the same will be used for the process of fertilization within the lab.
- The eggs and the sperm are kept in a petri dish for fertilization in a laboratory.
- For the next 3-5 days, the development of embryo is monitored.
- After the healthy development of the embryo, it is implanted inside the woman uterus by the fertility specialist.
Around 12-14 days after the embryo implantation, a woman's hCG level is measured through a blood test. If the IVF doctor finds sufficiently high hCG hormone during in blood, pregnancy is confirmed and IVF is pronounced successful.
Who needs IVF Treatment in Jaipur?
IVF process is considered a successful way of having a baby for the couples who find it difficult to conceive naturally. IVF treatment likewise offers as an essential treatment for conception to the women in their late 30's.
Initially IVF was considered only to treat tubal ailments among women but now with advance technology and higher expertise of IVF doctor in Jaipur it is considered to be the most successful way of treating infertility.
IVF Treatment can be used in these conditions:
- Fallopian Tube Damage or Blockage
- Ovulatory Disorders
- Uterine Fibroids
- Previous Tubal Sterilization or Removal
- Impaired Sperm Production or Function
- Unexplained Infertility
- Genetic Disorder
- Fertility Preservation for Cancer or Other Health Conditions
What are some of the required clinical tests for women before starting IVF Treatment in Jaipur?
IVF Doctor prescribe a battery of tests before starting IVF procedure, these tests are generally recommended by IVF doctor in Jaipur to prevent any complications during the treatment. Tests before starting IVF procedure are generally recommended after intensive consultation with the IVF doctor. Once tests are completed and reports are available, your IVF specialist will recommend you best alternatives for infertility treatment. Below is the list of clinical tests which your IVF doctor in Jaipur may recommend based on clinical history and examination:
1. General Screening Test - Infectious and Genetic
- Infectious Screening
- Pre-Pregnancy Screening
- Pituitary/Thyroid Screening
- Genetic Screening
- Pap Smear
2. Ovarian Function and Ovarian Reserve Screening
About 30-35% of female-related infertility is due to Ovarian Disorders. So, the primary purpose of these tests is to diagnose whether ovulation is occurring or not.
Following tests are performed under Ovarian Reserve Screening:
- Baseline Ultrasound
- Day 3 Blood Work
3. Fallopian Tube Evaluation
Commonly, 30% of the female infertility cases are due to various fallopian tube issues. Some of which are tubal blockage, tubal scarring due to earlier or undiscovered pelvic infection, stomach infections, for example, appendicitis, recent ectopic pregnancy or endometriosis. Fallopian tube evaluation is done via Hysterosalpingography (HSG)
4. Uterine Evaluation
It is critical to assess the uterine anatomy thoroughly to analyze the imperfections which might prevent the successful pregnancy.
Uterine Scar Tissue (from earlier infections or pregnancies), Polyps, Fibroids and auxiliary deformities inside the uterus are instances of the imperfections.
A through evaluation may be performed which includes:
- Baseline Pelvic/Vaginal Ultrasound
- HSG (Hysterosalpingogram)
- Sonohysterography/Sonohysterogram (Saline Sonography)
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy
- Endometrial Biopsy
What are some of the clinical tests for men before starting IVF Treatment in Jaipur?
About 40% of instances of Infertility are male-related. To assess and identify the cause of male related infertility a thorough general physical assessment and a battery of tests might be recommended by your IVF doctor in Jaipur or fertility specialist. Following fertility tests might be prescribed by your IVF doctor in Jaipur based on clinical history and examination :
- Semen Analysis
- Anti-sperm antibodies
- Genetic test (Y chromosome deletion testing – Genetic disorder testing)
- Sperm Chromatin Structure Assay (SCSA)
- Testicular biopsy
When should one go to an IVF Doctor in Jaipur?
When a couple is trying to conceive but cannot do so naturally, they must consider visiting a IVF specialist or an IVF doctor in Jaipur.
Listed below are situations in which one should consider meeting an IVF Doctor in Jaipur:
- When both members of a couple are less than 30 years of age and trying to conceive for more than 12 months and still cannot conceive.
- When both members of a couple are more than 30 years of age and trying to conceive for more than 6 months and still cannot conceive.
- IVF is the most suitable treatment option for women above 35 years who are unable to conceive naturally.
- If you have had three or more miscarriages, IVF treatment could be a good option for parenthood.
- In cases of male infertility issues like early ejaculation, sperm structural or functional abnormalities.
- If you are suffering from irregular periods or excessive blood flow which is affecting your fertility.
- Male or female who have had sexual problems in the past.
- If anyone from the couple has diseases like diabetes, heart problems, hypertension etc affecting conception.
- The woman is unable to conceive, even after IUI treatment.
How to determine if IVF treatment was successful?
IVF Treatment success results can be determined in the following manner:
- Around 12 to 14 days after embryo implantation, IVF doctor will recommend you hCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) hormone test. For this, they will take a blood test to check the degree of hCG in your blood.
- A higher hCG level in your circulatory system, for the most part, shows a positive sign after the embryo transfer.
Your IVF doctor in Jaipur will refer you to an obstetrician for prenatal care if you are examined as a pregnant
What is the Success rate of IVF treatment in Jaipur?
IVF Success rate in Jaipur inclines toward different components such as the reason for infertility, place where you are getting IVF treatment, and the age factor. As indicated by insights, a 30% live birth rate due to IVF is viewed as a decent standard around the world.
Below is the indicative success rate of IVF in Jaipur:
- For women younger than 35 years, the live birth rate percentage per egg yield is 54.4 %.
- For 35-37 years of age, the success rate due to IVF is 42 %.
- For 38-40 years of age, the success rate due to IVF is 26.6 %.
- For 41-42 years of age, the success rate due to IVF is 13.3 %.
- For a woman aged 43 and above, the success rate of IVF treatment is 3.9 %.
- While using donor sperm the rate of live birth per cycle is 53.5 %.
- While using donor sperm with freezing egg the rate of live birth per cycle is 38.5%.
How many cycles of IVF treatment a couple would require to get pregnant at any IVF centre in Jaipur?
As indicated in one latest study, women who conceived with IVF treatment experienced a normal of 2.7 cycles. They found that the chances for progress for women of all ages after three IVF cycles were somewhere in the range of 34 and 42 percent. To improve your opportunities, you should try for at least 3 IVF cycles and consult the best IVF doctor in Jaipur.
What is the total cost of IVF treatment from Best IVF Doctor in Jaipur?
The cost of IVF treatment ranges from approximately Rs 70,000/ - Rs 1,50,000/ which includes the Best IVF doctor in Jaipur consultation, ovarian stimulation, eggs retrieval, fertilization within lab, embryo implantation and pregnancy tests however cost may increase or decrease based on condition of the patients like in cases of donor sperm requirements or donor egg requirements or more advanced procedures like assisted hatching or ICSI. The IVF doctor in Jaipur fee depends upon his experience and the hospital at which he/she is working.
There are various factors which affect the total cost of IVF treatment such as,
- The fertility specialist or IVF doctor in Jaipur fees based on his/her experience.
- City of treatment
- Number of steps required for IVF treatment like ovarian stimulation, ultrasound and monitoring, egg retrieval, sperm preparation, fertilization, and embryo transfer.
- The techniques used in IVF like egg/sperm/embryo donor, surrogacy, egg/sperm/embryo freezing, TESA, MESA, PESA, TESE, PGD, PGS, ICSI, IMSI, assisted hatching, ERA, etc.
The total cost of IVF and what treatments are included in it is decided by the IVF doctor or the IVF Centre in Jaipur. So couples need to visit a IVF doctor in Jaipur and clear all the doubts about the process.
What are the risks and complications associated with IVF treatment in Jaipur?
The IVF procedure is a complex one and can lead to issues like premature delivery. However, as the IVF treatment is followed after thorough consideration and your IVF doctor is monitoring your health closely, there is no need to fear the complications. It would help if you tried to have an itemized conversation with your IVF specialist about the risks associated with the procedure. The risks and complexities of IVF treatment are as per the following:
- Multiple Birth
- Premature delivery and low birth weight
- Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
- Egg retrieval procedure complications
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Birth defects