Home Remedies to Boost Fertility
- Exercise weekly thrice and reduce stress to boost your female fertility
- Cut down alcohol and quit smoking to improve your male fertility
- Track your ovulation and fertile days to maximize your chances of conception
- Diet plays a key role to help in conceiving and then to maintain your healthy pregnancy
You will be the happiest and most satisfied one when you give birth to your baby. You feel to touch the peaks of happiness on getting a positive pregnancy test! You start to wait very eagerly for your new one to come into this world and you start thinking that your 9 months of pregnancy will pass very smoothly and peacefully without any complications.
The journey of becoming a parent is completely different for every individual. Sometimes, you may get easily pregnant, while for some other it may take a longer time to get conceived. If you and your partner are the ones among those couples who wish to become parents, then this article may help you for sure! We are giving you various home remedies that may help you to get pregnant and fulfil your wish to enjoy parenthood.
In this article
What causes infertility?
It is natural for a couple to think about their physical and financial status, getting good doctors and a trusted family member to get moral help when they decide to plan for children. You will not get doubted about your fertility until you face trouble to get pregnant and decide to meet a specialist for medical tests to be done. Fertility issues that create trouble to get conceived can be present either in you or your partner. Before your infertility gets heated up causing arguments and misunderstandings between you and your spouse, it is better to find the right remedy that can help to boost fertility.
Infertility in women can be due to:
Some of the common causes include :
- Blockages in any of reproductive organs (commonly in the fallopian tubes)
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) condition
- Endometriosis (where your reproductive organs get blocked due to abnormal endometrial growth)
- Poor diet
- Advanced age
- Lack of LH
- Increased levels of prolactin
- Severe hormonal imbalances
Infertility in men can be due to:
40% of infertility in couples is due to male factors like :
- Hormonal imbalance
- Blockages or absence of ducts that transport sperms
- Complete lack of sperm and less than normal sperm.
- Poor nutrition
- Problems of ejaculation
- Getting overexposed to chemicals and environmental toxins
- Anti-sperm antibodies
- Taking certain medicines that may affect sperm production
- Habits that can reduce fertility like consuming alcohol, smoking, and other drugs.
Top 10 Effective Home Remedies to Boost Your Fertility
Some of the conditions that are listed above may require medical or surgical treatment to retain fertility. You will be relieved to know that there are some remedies from Ayurveda that are known to help with your infertility. These remedies are quite harmless and are considered as the best alternatives to boost your fertility. Moreover, these home remedies are completely organic, can be easily prepared at home by yourself and can be had at a convenient time. You have a great opportunity to prepare them according to your body needs and your tastes. Though they help to conceive faster, it is advised to talk to your doctor before you choose to take any of the following mentioned home remedies.
Now, let us go ahead and know what these easy fertility-boosting home remedies are!
Its scientific name is Withania Somnifera and is seen in India and North Africa. Dried part of the root is used as medicine. It is proved to promote fertility in men. In a study done on 46 male patients having oligospermia were treated with Ashwagandha root extract or placebo. After 90 days, there was about 167% increase in their sperm count, 53% improved semen volume and sperm motility rate increased to 57% and in placebo-treated men, these semen parameters were less increased .
- Dosage: In a month study on 75 men suffering from infertility, when 5 grams of Ashwagandha is taken daily, it helped to increase sperm count and motility. It also proved to increase sperm quality if taken as 5 grams per day.
- How it works:
- The nervine action of this root helps to reduce depression, anxiety, fatigue, and stress-related insomnia.
- Normalizes immune system: if you have less immunity then this herb helps to increase your natural immunity.
- Increase antioxidant levels- it helps to improve sperm and egg health by reducing damage caused by free radicals.
- Iron deficiency: As it is rich in iron, you can take it for iron-deficiency anemia and weakness during your heavy menstrual cycles.
- It also plays a role as a toner of your weak uterus and prevents miscarriages, when used with black Cohosh, it is good for painful menstruation and can improve your libido.
You get it from routine grocery shops. This is the inner bark of a tree that grows in India, China and Ceylon.
- Uses In men: It enhances blood flow to your pelvic area and can improve your sperm count.
- Uses In women: Cinnamon acts on your uterine fibroids, PCOS and also acts to make your menstrual cycles regular. There was a significant increase of menstrual cyclicity from baseline in PCOS women when 1.5g/d of cinnamon supplements was taken for 6 months .
- Ways to take
- You can powder the bark of cinnamon and take it with meals.
- Make a tea by adding an inch of bark and add a teaspoon of honey.
- You can add the bark as a spice to your dishes.
- Dosage: If you have PCOS and if suffering from Type 2 Diabetes then following measurements help you
- Cinnamon Powder: Take only 1 teaspoon or 3 grams per day.
- In the form of tincture: 2 to 4 ml or 45 to 115 drops taken in a half glass of water every day.
- avoid it if you take any blood-thinning medicines
- Do not take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- If you have ulcers, then don’t take it.
- If dosage exceeds, the inner lining of your digestive tract gets irritated.
Red Raspberry Leaves
Raspberry leaves help to prevent miscarriage by soothing the muscles of your uterus. They also help for easy attachment of the embryo to the uterine wall. Phyto-progesterone, which aids to increase progesterone levels, is richly seen in its leaves thus helpful to sustain a healthy pregnancy.
Raspberry leaf when had in the form of tablet from 32 weeks of pregnancy until labour, had significantly shortened the second stage of labour and also resulted in lesser forceps deliveries .
- Time to take: You can take tea made of raspberry leaves before your ovulation period and can continue until the end of the cycle.
- Dosage of Raspberry tea to consume
- If you are trying for pregnancy, then take 3 cups of tea each day. Once you conceive, reduce intake to 2 cups per day until your second trimester. These leaves can effectively prepare your body for delivery, so once you enter into the third trimester, start taking 3 cups a day.
You should have understood by now, that the best way to take raspberry leaves is by making tea using them. Let us know the preparation of tea now.
- Tea with Raspberry leaves: You can make it easily at home or get the ready-to-have dry leaves from the market. At home, if you wish to make tea, then you all you need is:
- Raspberry leaves 10 in count
- Fresh Mint leaves 4 to 5
- Alfalfa leaves 3 to 4
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Method of making tea: Grab a steel or ceramic container from your kitchen and add all the above-listed herbs into it. Now, add boiled water to this container and soak the herbs for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain and add honey, that all, your aromatic tea is ready.
: You may have loose motions if you drink this raspberry tea regularly and diarrhoea if you take it in excess. Too much of it during early pregnancy is not good, as it may lead to miscarriage or premature birth by stimulating the uterus.
Before deciding to add this tasty tea to your diet for its amazing fertility benefits, it is recommended to consult your doctor.
Green Tea is rich in fertility-boosting properties and safe for men and women to drink when planning for children. It has:
- Vitamin C: This vitamin protects egg and sperm from oxidative harm by removing free radicals from your body. Thus improves the chances of getting pregnant
- Antioxidants: Due to the antioxidant nature of these leaves, your eggs or sperms are being protected from oxidative processes and they act to destroy harmful free radicals. By this way, green tea leaves prepare your body before pregnancy. The quality of male and female gametes is said to be increased due to GrTPs, green tea polyphenols. These GrTPs have antioxidant properties that improve sperm concentration, motility, morphology and reduce DNA damage .
- Minerals: Essential minerals that are present in green tea leaves like zinc, magnesium, chromium and selenium help to improve your egg strength and also improve sperm count and motility.
Dosage: take only 2 cups of green tea every day when you plan for pregnancy.
Precautions: consume less than 200mg per day of green tea and other caffeine drinks during pregnancy.
Red Clover Leaf
It has phytoestrogens that work like your natural estrogen hormone produced in the body. It mimics the nature of natural estrogen and helps to thicken your uterine lining that leads to better implantation of an embryo thus increasing fertility.
- It is used to purify the blood and remove toxins from your blood. As it contains phytoestrogen it helps to maintain normal estrogen in your body at your menopause thus reduces hot flashes and night sweats.
- Improves heart functioning by its estrogen nature and prevents clot formation. It is known to lessen the bone density loss in your menopause and reduce risk of osteoporosis .
- If you are a woman of menopause state, taking Red clover can help to manage your depression and anxiety levels due to the isoflavones present in it.
- It has a role to subside bronchitis, whooping cough, asthma and colds.
- Red Clover has been used for ages to treat eczema, rashes and psoriasis.
Parts used: flowers of Red Clover.
- Fertility tonic with Red clover:
You need the following to make a tonic.
- Take 3 parts of Red clover flower heads and leaves
- 1 part of dried Red Raspberry leaf
- ½ part dried peppermint
- Put all the above herbs in a jar, fill the jar with boiling water until the herbs get soaked. Let it sit for 4 hours, then strain and drink it. 1 to 3 cups per day is recommended if you are trying for pregnancy.
- Tincture of Red Clover
- Take 2 to 5 ml for 3 times a day or as said by the doctor
Precautions: Red clover has blood-thinning properties, so you should strictly avoid taking it if you are on blood-thinning medicines. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding your baby then Red Clover is not recommended. You should also not take it if you use birth control pills or have a risk of breast cancer.
Other names for Licorice are Yashtimadhu, sweetwood, Atimadhuram, Liquorice and Mithi-lakdi. You can buy root extract as a tincture or make decoction out of it. It gives a two-hold benefit to your fertility.
- It acts as phytoestrogen as it has isoflavones. They help to prevent infertility by first binding with estrogen receptor sites and thereby actively block xenohormones from getting bound. These xenohormones damage your endocrine system causing hormonal imbalance and infertility.
- Your general hormonal health is regulated by Licorice as it plays three major roles like detoxifying and repairing your liver, support your endocrine system and regulates the immune system.
- Other benefits of having Licorice are it balances your blood sugar levels, it is a good anti-inflammatory, helps in better digestion and improves cervical mucus production due to its emollient, demulcent and nutritive nature. It is effective in treating sexually transmitted diseases like genital herpes and warts.
- Parts used: Root of Licorice.
- How to make root powder
- Cut down roots into small pieces and dry in direct sunlight until no moisture is left. Blend into a fine powder and air-dry to store for future use.
- Dosage of herbal powder and tincture
- Herbal powder made of Licorice root- 1 to 2 tsp. for 3 times a day.
- Tincture – 10 to 20 drops for 3 times a day
- Tea preparation
- Add root up to ½ to 1 tsp. to 1 cup of boiling water
- let it sit for 15 minutes
- cool it and drink it as a tea for 1 to 2 times per day.
- Limitation of taking tea
It is a very powerful root and experts recommend limiting your intake to 3 cups of Licorice tea a day and do not continue taking it for more than 4 weeks.
- Do not use Licorice root extract or powder if you have osteoporosis and hypertension as it can disturb your calcium and potassium absorption.
- Not to be taken if you are pregnant as it increases premature labour or if you have cirrhosis of the liver and if taking digoxin-based medicines, avoid Licorice. It is shown to be safe for breastfeeding mothers.
Licorice yields good benefits when taken along with other varieties of herbs.
Shatavari is a popular herb in Ayurveda having properties to give strength, vitality, vigour to your body. It improves fertility by nurturing the womb and prepares your body for pregnancy by toning reproductive organs. It helps to prevent even miscarriages.
It is said to be a very helping herb for females, as it aids in conceiving, helps for ovulation, maintains hormonal balance and helps for breastfeeding after delivery.
- Role of Shatavari in fertility
- Reduce stress: It helps to reduce stress and calm down the nervous system by acting against the negative effects of stress.
- Aids in ovulation: it promotes ovulation by regulating the production of estrogen and by regulating your menstrual cycle.
- Improving of immunity: If you have a weak immune system your chances of conception gets lowered. Shatavari plays a key role in boosting the immune system and thereby promoting conception.
- Mucous membranes: Mucilage of Shatavari maintains the health of mucous membranes that line the cervix of females. It cures vaginal dryness that is a big issue causing delayed pregnancy.
- In men, the health of sperm is boosted by Shatavari.
- De-oxidization of body: It helps to drain toxins from your body and create a healthy environment which is suitable for meeting your egg with the sperm of your partner.
- Shatavari, by draining excess fluid from your liver and kidney, helps in healthy menstruation.
- Regulating hormonal imbalance: It helps to restore hormonal imbalances and increases chances of conception if you have PCOS that disturbs your ovulation cycle and your hormones . Tea made out of these leaves balances your menstrual cycle irregularities and helps in follicle maturity.
- Shatavari is available for you in 3 forms as a capsule, as liquid and as powder. Do not take this without a doctor’s consultation and you can buy it from a branded drug store. You are advised to take it along with milk and recommended dosage is 4.5 to 8.5 mL of dried plant extract or about 1,000 to 2,000 mg a day.
Risks of Shatavari
- As you have known the benefits of this wonderful herb, you should know its risks as well.
- It can cause skin allergies like itching, rashes, irritations of eyes and dizziness. It also results in breathing difficulty so better take care before taking it regularly.
Nettle leaf is also called stinging nettle in India. Other names are Urtica dioica or common nettle and you can easily consume it in your daily routine.
It is available in food stores and it comes as dried leaves, capsules, tinctures and creams and even you can grow it in your garden by yourself.
Uses of Nettle Leaf
- In Male: If you are a man, nettle leaves are of great importance for treating your prostate enlargement that causes difficulty in urination. This condition is commonly called benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) .
- In females: It is said to benefit you in your pregnancy time and can aid in your fertility also. The leaves are rich in chlorophyll, Vitamins A, C, D and K. Chlorophyll is a detox agent and when taken regularly helps to cleanse the body, improves chances of egg being fertilized. You can boost your calcium, potassium, sulphur and iron levels of your body by having a sip of tea made from these leaves. It also helps promote fetal health in your womb.
- Reducing high testosterone levels: You can call this as hyperandrogenism in the medical language. Research tells that if you consume nettle root preparation for 4 months, it can improve your menstrual cycle conditions, reduce oily skin and acne that are caused due to high testosterone levels.
Tea Preparation with Nettle leaves:
You need to follow the below steps to make tea of Nettle leaves.
- Usually 1 teaspoon of fresh or dried leaves per cup of water is a good proportion.
- Some use 4 teaspoons of dried leaves for 2/3 cup of water.
- You can crush leaves in a wooden mortar or pestle before boiling in water.
- It is very simple. Just add a few dried or fresh leaves to water, allow the water to boil, and remove from flame. Leave it for 5 minutes, strain it and have by adding little honey.
Dosage of tea
- You can restrict the intake of nettle tea to 4 cups a day.
- Excess intake may cause allergic symptoms like nausea, stomach pain, tightness in chest, diarrhoea and vomiting.
Fenugreek seeds are used in cooking, medicine. Leaves of fenugreek are cooked and eaten as vegetables. It is considered as a spice and as a flavouring agent. They are full of fiber, minerals like iron and magnesium.
There are effective uses of these seeds like
- In men: Taking fenugreek seeds have shown boosting of testosterone hormone and also improved sexual function.
- In women
- Relief from menstrual cramp: If you have menstrual cramps and hot flashes, you can reduce them by taking these seeds as they contain disogenin, an anti-cancer agent that helps.
- These seeds significantly reduce painful menstrual conditions known as dysmenorrhea. In a study done on unmarried students with dysmenorrhea condition, it was seen that there was reduced severity of symptoms associated with dysmenorrhea like headache, nausea, vomiting, lack of energy when they had 2 to 3 capsules containing fenugreek seed powder for the first 3 days of their menstrual cycle for 3 times a day for two consecutive menstrual cycles .
- Increases breast milk: If taken as a capsule, it helps to increase your milk production while breastfeeding your baby. When taken regularly you can see increased milk flow by the third day and you can stop taking it once you feel it is not required.
- Other benefits of fenugreek seed include controlling blood sugar levels and treating Type 1 and 2 Diabetes, controls the excess intake of fat, lowers cholesterol and triglycerides, and reduces your symptoms of heartburn.
- Dosage can differ according to your need. For boosting testosterone 500mg of the fenugreek extract is sufficient. If you wish to take whole seeds, then 2 to 5 grams is recommended.
- If taken in excess it can cause stomach pain, diarrhoea and can aggravate symptoms of asthma. It can induce uterine contractions, and so you should avoid it if pregnant.
Asoka is also called as Sorrow less tree and popular as the queen of herbs for its importance in treating female reproductive issues. You can make decoction out of the bark of this tree and use it to treat your irregular periods.
Parts used: leaves and bark and flowers.
- The leaves, bark and flowers help to strengthen your uterus. It also helps to stop bleeding from the uterus by contracting blood vessels of the uterus and inducing muscle contractions. The uterus is made to function normally by Asoka as it stimulates endometrium and ovarian functions.
- It has other benefits of protecting heart tissues from infiltration by inflammatory cells, certain flavonoids, glycosides and tannins of the bark help to relax the overactive nervous system. If you suffer from skin conditions like Eczema, dermatitis, acne, psoriasis and herpes scabies, then you can use the root, bark and seeds of the Ashoka tree for healing.
- In the form of tincture: It can be added to your fruit juice or to water. Can be taken up to 2 to 3 ml for 2 to 3 times per day or as said by your doctor.
- Take about 10 grams of bark and boil it in 2 cups of water until it reduces to a cup.
- Add honey or jaggery to this decoction and then drink.
- Asoka intake is strictly not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Grape Seed Extract
Vitamin C is very important for your fertility. This grape seed extract is rich in vitamin C and has abundant antioxidant properties. These properties make your sperm extra strong and protect them by increasing their life span. The extract gives additional strength to the sperm to reach your partner’s egg to fertilize it.
Other names: Grape seed, Grape seed extract.
Available forms: Grape seed extract is available as a capsule and tablet.
Vitamins That Can Boost Your Fertility
You should start taking several essential vitamins when you are trying to conceive as they can prove in helping for your successful conception. Focus yourself on a healthy balanced diet and intake of extra amounts of most impactful vitamins can help in the complete and proper development of your baby.
Let us know some vitamins that can benefit you with improving your fertility.
We give a list of the following vitamins that can help you to have better chances of conception if started earlier before you plan for a baby.
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is needed for your normal reproductive functions. You should maintain a proper level of this vitamin before you attempt to get pregnant.
- Vitamin B12: A study by The Biomedical and Biotechnology Research Journal proved the benefits of taking this vitamin along with folic acid while planning conception.
- Folic acid: This is linked to your fertility and overall reproductive health. Before and during your conception, a good dose of folic acid will lessen the risk of neurological problems to your baby.
- Methylfolate: This is naturally available form of folic acid and can benefit you if you are at risk of developing neural tube defects, preterm birth or congenital heart diseases
- Vitamin C: This is needed to trigger your ovulation and also for conception. You get this vitamin in oranges, strawberries and in various vegetables. You can take it as a supplement.
- Vitamin D: Your chances of conception may weaken if you are deficient of this vitamin. It is good to take Vitamin D, as it improves metabolic parameters in PCOS and can protect against endometriosis, which is one of the common causes of your infertility.
- Vitamin K2: Research proves this vitamin gives certain bone and heart health benefits. It is in two forms K1 and K2, and K2 is available in meats, fermented foods, egg yolks, fatty fish and chicken.
- Coenzyme Q10: If you have poor less egg count and want to conceive through ovarian stimulation, then you can benefit by taking a supplement of CoQ10. A study showed that taking CoQ10 before conception has raised response to ovarian stimulation. CoQ10 decreased with your age and during heart disease. Whole grains, fish and meat have this enzyme.
- Zinc: Your delayed conception may sometimes be due to the deficiency of zinc intake. Taking it in proper levels can help in fertility enhancement and conception.
- Iron: It is important to maintain your fertility levels and lots of iron is needed in your pregnancy. It can be taken as a supplement.
- Calcium: It is important for teeth and bones and can impact your fertility as well. If you are thinking of having a baby then you should take 1,000 mg of calcium per day, which is recommended by The American Pregnancy Association. Salmon fish, cheese and low fat curd are rich in calcium.
- Biotin: This vitamin, apart from maintaining your healthy nails and hair, plays a crucial role for conception and marinating it healthier. If you have less biotin, it can reduce your fertility and can cause fetal abnormalities.
- Choline: It is needed for metabolic functions of your body and can be taken as a supplement. About 95% of pregnant women do not have enough of this nutrient. Choline deficiency is more in your pregnancy time than during normal times.
There are certain nutritional supplements that can help to improve your male fertility. In one of the reviews done by Cochrane, it was found that taking supplements that contain antioxidants caused an increase in sperm motility and thus improved chances of pregnancy and birth rates.
Let us discuss what vitamins are related to increasing your male fertility.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is the one that protects your body cells from getting damaged due to oxidative stress and because of free radicals. It is very important to maintain the health of your sperms by protecting DNA of sperm from the effect of free radicals. You can see a good result of improved sperm count, movement and morphology with adequate Vitamin C intake.
- Vitamin E: This is said to protect the cell membrane of your sperm from getting damaged. It has been shown through studies that your sperm movement is improved with the intake of Vitamin E.
- Vitamin D: It is important for your reproduction and to maintain your testosterone levels. With recent studies, it is seen that normal Vitamin D helps for better sperm motility.
- Selenium: It is a trace mineral and has a role of antioxidant and if taken as a supplement increases sperm movement. When selenium is taken along with Vitamin E, it has the ability to remove free radicals and can help in better movement of sperm.
- Lycopene: Research says that lycopene supplementation can improve your sperm parameters like your sperm count, sperm structure, and movement and thus helps to overcome your infertility problem. It is an antioxidant and is a phytonutrient that is seen in tomatoes.
- L- Carnitine: It is an amino acid that your body produces and does the role of transporting fat so that it is available in the form of energy. It provides energy for sperm so that it can pass through the cervix, the vagina and reaches the egg of your spouse.
- Zinc: It is an essential component that can help in sperm production, testosterone metabolism and cell movement. If taken as a supplement, it can balance your low testosterone levels, improve your sperm count and sperm motility.
- Folic Acid: It is a B-Vitamin form that is required for your DNA synthesis and if you are lacking this, then you have a decreased sperm count and motility. Recent studies showed that when you take zinc and folic acid combination, there is a 75% increase of your normal sperm count.
Additional Simple Lifestyle Changes to Boost Your Fertility
You can kick start your journey to parenthood if you start practicing good habits and stop doing bad ones. Below, we shall discuss some lifestyle changes that can promote fertility in both you and your partner .
Your sperm will only be healthy when you are healthy. Pregnancy happens with the help of your healthy sperms. Following are some ways that can improve the quality and quantity of your sperms.
- Quit Smoking: If you have a habit of smoking then your sperm count can be less and the sperms that your body produces are not of good health.
- Lose extra pounds: If you are obese, it can impact your fertility by causing hormonal imbalances, low sperm count and slowed sperm movement.
- No alcohol: Frequent consumption of alcohol can lower your testosterone levels, reduce your sperm count and can even result in erection problems.
- Stop taking Drugs: Certain drugs like cocaine can reduce your number and quality of sperm while some steroids cause shrinking of your testes.
- Protect from overheating: If you expose yourself to overheating for a prolonged period of time, especially the area around your testes, causes reduction of sperm production. You should limit your time having hot tub baths and saunas. It is recommended to avoid tight fitting pants and not to place your laptops directly in your lap while working.
- Have safe sex: When had sex without protection with more than one partner, it may increase your risk of getting STDs sexually transmitted diseases. Infection with chlamydia or gonorrhea can lead to low sperm count, poor sperm movement and can even cause sperm DNA fragmentation.
Just a simple adoption of healthy habits can increase your chances of getting pregnant. Let us discuss lifestyle choices that can improve your fertility.
- Balance your body weight: Overweight or underweight can disturb your ovulation process. Aim to keep ideal body weight or a healthy body mass index BMI, so that you can overcome ovulation problems.
- Reduce caffeine drinks: It is good to limit your daily caffeine intake to 200mg per day which is equal to 2 cups or 8 ounces of coffee per day, more importantly when you are planning to conceive.
- Practice sex safely: Having more than one sexual partner’s can increase risk of getting infected with sexually transmitted diseases STDs. Important female reproductive organs like your fallopian tubes and uterus can get damaged permanently due to STDs.
- Stop smoking and alcohol intake: Smoking causes your ovaries to get older and reduces egg supply from them. It can even damage your cervix and fallopian tubes and increase the incidence of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriages. Alcohol consumption during pregnancy causes ovulation problems and it is good to completely avoid alcohol if you are wishing to have a baby.
Don’t worry if you are feeling unlucky for not getting pregnant after a few attempts. Couples who have regular unprotected sex taking into account their ovulation and fertile days, following a healthy lifestyle by giving up bad habits and by adding nutritional supplements to their diet will get pregnant within a year.
Was this article helpful? Tap on heart to say yes
List of ReferencesHide
Nichd.nih.gov.“What are some possible causes for female infertility?”.nichd.nih.gov.Jan 31 2017.
Nichd.nih.gov.“What are some possible causes for male infertility?”.nichd.nih.gov. Jan 31 2017.
R Ambiye Vijay, Langade Deepak, et al.“Clinical Evaluation of the Spermatogenic Activity of the Root Extract of Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) in Oligospermic Males: A Pilot Study”.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2013;2013:571420.PMID: 24371462
H Kort Daniel , Lobo Roger A.“Preliminary evidence that cinnamon improves menstrual cyclicity in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: a randomized controlled trial”.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Randomized Controlled Trial. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Nov;211(5):487.e1-6.PMID: 24813595.
Rahman Sajid Ur, Huang Yingying,et al.“Therapeutic Role of Green Tea Polyphenols in Improving Fertility: A Review”.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. Nutrients 2018 Jun 27;10(7):834.PMID: 29954124.
Simpson M , Parsons M, et al.“Raspberry leaf in pregnancy: its safety and efficacy in labor”.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.Clinical Trial.J Midwifery Womens Health. Mar-Apr 2001;46(2):51-9.PMID: 11370690.
Nccih.nih.gov.“Red Clover”.nccih.nih.gov.sep 2016.
K Pandey Ajai, Gupta Anumegha, et al.“Impact of stress on female reproductive health disorders: Possible beneficial effects of shatavari (Asparagus racemosus)”.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.Biomed Pharmacother 2018 Jul;103:46-49.PMID: 29635127.
E Chrubasik Julia, D Roufogalis Basil, et al.“A comprehensive review on the stinging nettle effect and efficacy profiles. Part II: urticae radix”.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.Phytomedicine 2007 Aug;14(7-8):568-79.PMID: 17509841.
Younesy Sima, Amiraliakbari Sedigheh, et al.“Effects of fenugreek seed on the severity and systemic symptoms of dysmenorrhea”.pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov.J Reprod Infertil 2014 Jan;15(1):41-8.PMID: 24695380.
Uwhealth.org.“Lifestyle changes that may boost fertility”.uwhealth.org.June 27 2018.
Last updated on: : 09 Sep 2020
explore more within our blogs
How to choose the best fertility booster for male?
Mistakes to avoid while choosing best preconception supplement for women
Fertility Supplement for Women - Myth and Facts
Make most of "Vitality - Sperm booster" with these sperm protecting tips
Ashwagandha - The miracle herb to boost fertility