How to choose the best fertility booster for male?
- Selecting a good fertility supplement that meets your requirements can be confusing
- Always look at the ingredients list before you buy a product
- Vitality for Men has all the necessary ingredients needed to treat male infertility
If you are suffering from infertility or any sort of fertility issue you would have already heard about fertility supplements. Even though there are many top supplements for boosting male fertility like Vitality for Men are available in the market, people find it difficult to choose one.
The most probable cause of this can be the lack of knowledge about the supplement itself and also what you should look for in a supplement before choosing it. Whenever we talk about boosting male infertility the most common parameters are usually sperm count, sperm motility, sperm morphology, semen volume, libido and erectile dysfunction. So, most of the supplements have ingredients that are meant to target these parameters of men’s reproductive health.
However, how will you know that a supplement is right for you? Which supplement do you actually need? This article will help you find the best fertility booster for you. Keep reading and you may find your answer by the end of this article.
In this article
What is a fertility booster or a fertility supplement?
Fertility supplements are medical products that are made up of herbs, amino acids, minerals and vitamins that are proven to be effective in treating fertility issues. When consumed in prescribed dosages these supplements can enhance or boost fertility in men and women.
Usually, a supplement doesn’t require a doctor’s prescription and can be bought directly from a medical shop or an online pharmacy. Some supplements are formulated specifically to work on male and female or to target a specific condition.
Is it safe to take fertility supplements?
Since most of the supplements are made from natural herbs, minerals and vitamins they can be considered safe for consumption. Most of the supplements also mention the amount of dosage you should take in order to get the desired results and not have any side effects. However, if you are allergic to certain herbs or minerals it is better to take a doctor’s advice before choosing a fertility booster for yourself.
How to choose the best fertility supplement for men?
Now that we have talked about what are fertility supplements and why you might need them, let’s see how you can choose one. The answer is in the “ingredients”. Years of studies and research have found many vitamins, herbs and minerals that can treat a fertility issue. If a supplement has all the ingredients that improve your fertility issue or boost men’s fertility then the supplement is for you. You can look for the following ingredients while choosing a fertility supplement:
- Antioxidants: Antioxidants are an important part of a male fertility supplement. Antioxidants help fight against free radicals which can damage the DNA of the sperm, decrease sperm motility and change sperm morphology. A good fertility supplement should have antioxidants like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Ashwagandha and Coenzyme Q10 .
- Fatty Acids: Fatty acids are essential in maintaining sperm health. Studies show that fatty acids like omega 3 fatty acids can improve sperm quality by increasing sperm motility and helping in sperm maturation . Hence, it is important that a male fertility supplement has fatty acids in it.
- Minerals: Minerals like selenium, zinc, magnesium and boron are very important to improve reproductive health in men. For example, selenium acts as an antioxidant and fights oxidative stress which in turn improves sperm health. Moreover, it also significantly improves sperm motility . Similarly, zinc, magnesium and boron are important for the production of sperm and improve sperm quality. A good supplement like “Vitality for Men” will have all these ingredients in it.
- Herbs: Herbs have been used to treat medical conditions including fertility since the medieval ages. Ashwagandha works wonders in treating male infertility. It is an aphrodisiac which means it can improve sexual desire and it can also improve sperm count and motility. Similarly, velvet bean extract is a herb that has the ability to improve semen quality, sperm count and sperm morphology . Other herbs like akarkara, fenugreek, gokhru, etc are important in enhancing male fertility.
- Amino Acids: Amino acids are an important supplement for improving male fertility. Adequate levels of amino acids in the body improve sperm motility. L-citrulline is an important amino acid which is required for providing energy to the sperm and it helps treat erectile dysfunction as well.
- Folic Acid: For good sperm health adequate levels of folic acid is important. Folic acid is a constituent of vitamin B and its low levels are associated with decreased sperm motility and sperm count .
In a nutshell, go for a supplement that has all the important ingredients that is required to treat male infertility. Supplements available in the market usually provide a list of ingredients in the back of their cover. Make sure your chosen supplement has all the ingredients mentioned above so that you get the best possible treatment. You can also opt for Vitality for Men which is a male fertility booster and has all the necessary ingredients. Furthermore, consulting with a doctor about a supplement can also be a good choice.
Was this article helpful? Tap on heart to say yes
List of ReferencesHide
Sedigheh Ahmadi, Reihane Bashiri, et al. “Antioxidant supplements and semen parameters: An evidence based review”. Int J Reprod Biomed. 2016 Dec; 14(12): 729–736, PMID: 28066832.
Giulia Collodel, Cesare Castellini, et al. “Relevance of Fatty Acids to Sperm Maturation and Quality”. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2020; 2020: 7038124, PMID: 32089776.
Mohammad K Moslemi and Samaneh Tavanbakhsh. “Selenium–vitamin E supplementation in infertile men: effects on semen parameters and pregnancy rate”. Int J Gen Med. 2011; 4: 99–104, PMID: 21403799.
Kanitta Jiraungkoorskul and Wannee Jiraungkoorskul. “Review of Naturopathy of Medical Mushroom, Ophiocordyceps Sinensis, in Sexual Dysfunction”. Pharmacogn Rev. 2016 Jan-Jun; 10(19): 1–5, PMID: 27041868.
Laurel E Murphy, James L Mills, et al. “Folate and vitamin B12 in idiopathic male infertility”. Asian J Androl. 2011 Nov; 13(6): 856–861, PMID: 21857689.
Last updated on: : 29 Oct 2020
explore more within our blogs
Mistakes to avoid while choosing best preconception supplement for women
Fertility Supplement for Women - Myth and Facts
Make most of "Vitality - Sperm booster" with these sperm protecting tips
Ashwagandha - The miracle herb to boost fertility
Vitality For Men - Improves Sperm Health and Fertility in Men